New lighting project at St Mary’s

In February, St Mary’s Church completed the new lighting project to illuminate the wonderful wall paintings that were commissioned to celebrate Queen Victoria’s 60th Jubilee in 1897. It has been thought for some time that the murals would benefit from a new lighting system and after many enquiries by Dr Michael Wilderspin (ex officio) and the PCC, it was decided that a local company Tor Electrical would be chosen to do the work. Tim and the team comprising of Mickey, Johnny and Steve erected scaffolding, and arranged for a “cherry picker” to be driven into the church to enable access to the high roof trusses where the lighting was to be installed. All went well and the church looks … [Read more...]